Intro

This is a blog dedicated to the healthy practice of grammatically correct writing (yes, you may correct me), the observation and analysis of human behavior (including my own), and the praise and criticism of higher ideals (including, but not limited to, ethics, social norms, and bodily functions).

Thursday, January 26, 2012

With METTLE, I'm Back in the Saddle Again

METTLE [met-l] -
1. Courage and fortitude.
2. Disposition or temperament.

And thus, with great courage, and not a lot of time or energy, I begin again.

Happy Chinese New Year, my readers! Or, as the Chinese might say - Gong Xi Fa Cai! I'm still working on how to pronounce that.
Yes, it is now the Year of the Water Dragon, and all signs point to EXCITING NEW ENDEAVORS! Okay, so I'm a sucker for any excuse to get excited about trying new things or starting projects. Never been good at finishing them, but that would be new and exciting, wouldn't it? Actually accomplishing something? My one and only requirement this year is to GRADUATE! BFA in Screenwriting in May, if all goes accordingly. But, I digress.

What isn't new for me, but may be new for you, is Astrological forecasts. Here's the best one I've seen so far. A general forecast for the year ahead, including Love & Money, and then an individual forecast, with surprisingly specific suggestions. As a Metal Monkey (you do the math), I will apparently be susceptible to "road rage" this year. And how is this different than any other year? Well, they suggest listening to podcasts or audiobooks to help me enjoy the prolonged time in the car. What a great idea! I've been meaning to listen to more free podcasts anyhow, and there are a few books I can think of already I'd love to read, but don't have the time to.

On an equally enthusiastic note, there were multiple suggestions about taking a risk and starting a business. HA! I still have to graduate this year! A business? They had better check their charts again...

Then again... it does bring to mind all those things I've been saying I'll do and then never do it. Like writing my book. I've been a Massage Therapist for almost 10 years now, and for all the suggestions and advice that I've been handing out, to clients and fellow therapists alike, I'm dying to get it all down on paper so I can just say "read pages 5-15 and get back to me in the morning". HA! Okay, so not the "in the morning" bit, but still... There are so many people that have valued my summations and observations that it would be a shame not to share it with the world at large. Both my personal and professional experience helping to enlighten and empower the masses? How cool!



AND... I think it will be a catalyst for a much bigger dream, if I were to be so bold as to believe the predictions of an internet Chinese New Year forecast.

What do you think of your forecasts, readers? Any good news?

And...
What would you do if you could not fail?
Food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment