Intro

This is a blog dedicated to the healthy practice of grammatically correct writing (yes, you may correct me), the observation and analysis of human behavior (including my own), and the praise and criticism of higher ideals (including, but not limited to, ethics, social norms, and bodily functions).

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
— Mark Twain

Yet, as celebratory as this occasion should be, I am disinclined to set this sail. Hibernation, just short of permutation, seems a more apt way to enjoy this celestial transition. It is, however, likely that I am so withdrawn from the masses due to the current New Moon phase.

Or is it?

My thinking is that it is actually the proverbial wall one hits when faced with small but impactful choices. These life-changing "baby steps" shape who you are, whether you necessarily actively choose them or not. Not choosing is a choice, too.

For quite a while, I've been thinking of writing a book. I've been told many a time that I should write self-help books, but that won't be any time soon (i.e. not until I've learned that my advice can be followed by my biggest critic, me). This does beg the question, however- what book would I write? The truth is, I couldn't tell you.

Sometimes I wish to convey my professional advice as a Massage Therapist, or simply my analysis of a film I've seen. Other times I crave to articulate the winning strategy I believe all drivers should use to better improve the frequency of traffic jams. But mostly, I wish to declutter the overactive, and most certainly over-analytical, inner-workings of my mind.

Thus, I create this blog for all those moments when I felt like I had something to give the world, but never followed through with it; for the thoughts that I've recycled and refined over and over again in my mind, but can only breathe a life of their own in a tangible form; for all the times I've criticized someone else's efforts and then realized I had justified doing so because I was not attempting something significant of my own; for the dreamer in me that wants to explore and discover, and wishes to see this life fulfilled.

And because the other celestial transition that seems to be consuming my life is a little something called "Saturn Returns". Between the slow pace of this year's Metal Rabbit and the revelations that have been surfacing, and will assuredly continue to surface, due to "Saturn Returns", it will be advantageous to keep record.

Here's to evidence!
Betty D.

No comments:

Post a Comment