Intro

This is a blog dedicated to the healthy practice of grammatically correct writing (yes, you may correct me), the observation and analysis of human behavior (including my own), and the praise and criticism of higher ideals (including, but not limited to, ethics, social norms, and bodily functions).

Friday, February 4, 2011

Reigning It In

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
Mark Twain 
 
Who knew Mark Twain gave health advice as well? Though, I suppose, when you are a self-confessed philosopher, then no domain of the human mind is beyond analysis.
It's been difficult to decide what to write about today, but it is important I write. Then the flurry of thoughts rush in and vie for my vote. Memories or rants, ponderations or analyses, years of thoughts that have been stored away and waiting for the magic combination of elements to let them coagulate. 

And then I remembered, this is my own creation. While it is my sincere hope that these posts may someday be more than the sum of its parts, currently it is simply my little slice of happy. Just as Hugh MacLeod alluded in his book Ignore Everybody: And 39 Other Keys to Creativity (http://amzn.com/159184259X) to the artist who creates because their inner child wants to play with crayons, not just to find another modus operandi that could potentially render a profit- I, too, wish to play. 

So, here's today's post; delightfully short, and just in time for bed. But don't forget, my friends, to trust yourselves. I'll endeavor to follow my own advice.

May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live,
Betty D.

No comments:

Post a Comment